No products in the cart.
Authentic Rasam Powder 200gm
Rasam is South India’s most uniquely recognizable dish. It functions as the traditional go-to remedy for many cough and cold related issues, a fiery appetizer, and as the main accompaniment with rice for a simple lunch. Its deceptively simple appearance masks a variety and depth of flavor. Made with a handful of seasoning, rasam can be finely tuned for complexity in tartness, sweetness, and spiciness.
Graminway’s Authentic Rasam Powder attains this complexity of flavor in its special recipe, which has been tried and tested by generations. We use only local sourced ingredients to retain the texture and freshness of the masala, which is hand pounded at our facilities for an authentic taste. We mix a host of different spices like cumin, pepper, curry leaves, coriander etc. for vibrancy. Make a liquidy fix for your sore throat with an extra spoonful of ginger and pepper. Or try a milder, more viscous version to mix with rice. Either way, simply add Graminway’s Rasam Powder to hot water and some lentils and get it done in minutes!
1. Boil ½ cup of Toor dal along with a tomato in a cooker.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a cooking pot. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they crackle, add a pinch of Hing and curry leaves. Add boiled Toor dal to it.
3. Add water and dilute as per requirement. Boil the preparation on medium heat. Add tamarind water and jaggery (optional).
4. Add 1.5 teaspoons of Graminway Authentic Rasam Powder and salt to taste.
5. After boiling, reduce the flame and add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
Corriander seeds, Cumin, Methi, Black pepper, Deggi Mirch, Curry leaves, Asafoetida.